Saturday, February 20, 2010

I like the idea that as a task force we are posting our minutes on-line and inviting comments from anyone who is interested. This seems like a new way of connecting as a diocese. I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually comment on our diocesan blog. Will this be any different?

For anyone who happens to read this, My name is Jennifer Pedrick and one of my ministry roles is chair of the Diocesan Mission Task Force. I am interested in and excited about the work we have begun, even though it seems a bit daunting. For one thing, I don't think most people know about our work yet. This is February and by the end of the month, we hope to have launched our initial communications to members of our diocese to begin a big conversation about our diocesan mission and our future hopes and challenges.

We have established three goals to be accomplished by the next diocesan convention. Here they are:

1. Design and implement a listening process to engage members of the diocese in expressing their hope for future diocesan mission priorities and programs.

2. Link with other diocesan bodies and leaders throughout the process, e.g., Program and Budget, Diocesan Council and Diocesan Staff/Bishop.

3. Report to the next convention an articulation of energy and commitment to new and/or renewed mission priorities and suggested next steps.

We welcome your input, especially if you are a member of the diocese of Rhode Island or care about our future mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment